I was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2003. Since my admission, I have practiced extensively in the areas of insurance defense litigation, automobile litigation, premises liability litigation and general civil litigation.
I graduated from Stetson College of Law in 2003 and am a former Partner at the law firm of Ogden & Sullivan in Tampa. I also previously worked at Banker Lopez and continue to practice in civil litigation at Pennington, P.A. I presently serve on Tampa City Council, a part-time position, and am a former Chairman of Tampa City Council.
As a mediator, I believe in a calm and focused collaborative process in which the parties respectfully listen to one another and are able to hopefully reach an agreeable conclusion. Mediation is all about accessibility: making sure the parties see the mediator and other side as accessible with mutual respect.
I have always been very active in the legal community. I am the former Chairman of the Hillsborough County Bar Association Diversity Committee, a former Incoming President of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association and presently serve on the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association’s Foundation Board.
Professionally, I have received the following professional awards and citations:
- Florida Super Lawyers (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015)
- Florida Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" (2012, 2013)
- Florida Trend Legal Elite (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015)
- Best Lawyers in America (2020-2021)
- Tampa Bay Business Journal "40 Under 40" Up and Comers
- 2012 Recipient of Equal Opportunities in the Profession Award from the Florida Bar Equal Opportunities Law Section
- 2013 Recipient of the Civic Involvement Award from Tampa Hispanic Heritage, Inc.
- 2014 Recipient of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association President's Award for Service
- 2015 Recipient of Florida Association for Women Lawyers Leaders in the Law Award
- 2016 Recipient of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association Luis Cabassa Award.
I also have received the Keeping the American Patriotic Spirit Alive Award (2018) from the Hillsborough County Veterans Council and the Community Champion Award (2020) from the Hillsborough County Veterans Treatment Court Mentors.
I am also a founder and former President of Lawyers Autism Awareness Foundation and previously served on the Board of Tampa Bay Best Buddies, an organization which assists and advocates for persons with special needs and developmental disabilities.
I live in New Tampa with my wife, Colleen O’Brien (also an attorney), and my wonderful son, Luis Viera II.
- Standard Hourly Rate: $350.00
- 2-Party Mediation: $175.00 per party per hour (2-hour minimum)
- 3-Party Mediation: $150.00 per party per hour (2-hour minimum)
- 4- or more Party Mediation: $125.00 per party per hour (2-hour minimum)
- CFMG charges a $95.00 administration fee per party also.