Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Florida Supreme Court – Qualified Arbitrator
Member, Florida Circuit‐Civil Mediators Society
Member, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
In 1969, I joined the Tampa‐based firm of Fowler, White, Gillen, Boggs, Villareal and Banker. In June of 1975, I opened the Polk County office of Fowler White in Lakeland. From 1975 through 1987, I was the managing partner of the Lakeland office, engaged primarily in trial law, with emphasis on personal injury, product liability and professional malpractice cases.
In 1990, I established Louis J. Williams, Attorney at Law, and focused the firm’s law practice on personal injury, malpractice, commercial and corporate litigation. I was certified as a Circuit Civil Mediator in 1991 and since then have conducted over 4,200 mediations. I am a certified court ordered Arbitrator. I have also served as Special Master in complex civil discovery cases and family law cases.
I have more than 30 years of experience as a civil trial attorney. I am board certified as a civil trial lawyer by the Florida Bar. Today, the firm’s emphasis is on all forms of civil litigation, mediation, arbitration and special master services. I am also available to serve as a voluntary Trial Resolution Judge pursuant to Florida Statute 44.104.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Florida Academy of Certified Mediators
- Volunteer Arbitrator ‐ U.S. District Court, Middle Dist. of Florida
- Approved Auto Insurance Mediator ‐ Sec. 627.745 Fla. Stat.
- Certified Court Ordered Arbitrator ‐ Fla.R.Civ.P. 1.810(c)
- Certified in Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation pursuant to Administrative Order No. AOSC09‐54.
- 2-Party Mediation – $150.00 per party per hour (2-hour minimum)
- 3-Party Mediation – $145.00 per party per hour (2-hour minimum)
- 4-Party Mediation – $125.00 per party per hour (2-hour minimum)
- CFMG charges a $95.00 administration fee also.