Board Certified Family Law Mediator
I am a lifetime resident of Polk County, FL. I attended local schools and graduated from Winter Haven High School. I graduated from Polk Community College and Florida State University, receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in 1969. In 1972, I received my Juris Doctorate degree from Stetson Law School.
I started my law career as a full-time Assistant Public Defender. In 1973, I joined the law firm of Billings, Frederick, Wooten, and Honeywell in Orlando and specialized in personal injury work.
I returned to Polk County and established my own practice in 1974. In 1980, I was elected as Public Defender for the Tenth Judicial Circuit of Florida, which includes Polk, Hardee and Highlands counties.
In 1984, I was elected State Attorney for the Tenth Judicial Circuit and was re-elected without opposition for seven terms in 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 until my retirement in January 2017.
I am AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbel.
Membership and Affiliations
- Past President of the Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association
- Served on the Tenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
- Served on the Article Five Constitutional Review Commission
- Served as Chairman of the statewide Violent Crime and Drug Control Council
- Former member of the Medical Examiners Commission
- Admitted to practice before the Florida Supreme Court, United States Supreme Court, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and the Fifth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeal
- 2-Party Mediation: $175.00 per party per hour (2-hour minimum)
- CFMG charges a $95.00 administration fee per party also.